According to ASCD's Whole Child website:
Funny, it doesn't mention an outrageous salary for the superintendent. Wade must have snuck that past the board as can-do number six.
We Stand for Whole Child Education
In a time of rapid change and innovation, our education system is struggling to keep pace. The global marketplace is a reality; yet, as demands for a highly skilled and educated workforce and citizenry grow, too many communities have narrowed the curriculum, eliminated or reduced support for families, and failed to develop the talent of their youth.
We can do better.
Please support policies and practices that ensure
- Each student enters school healthy and learns about and practices a healthy lifestyle.
- Each student learns in an intellectually challenging environment that is physically and emotionally safe for students and adults.
- Each student is actively engaged in learning and is connected to the school and broader community.
- Each student has access to personalized learning and is supported by qualified, caring adults.
- Each graduate is challenged by a well-balanced curriculum and is prepared for success in college or further study and for employment in a global environment.
Note: Of course, the list of can-does eliminates public education as a means to provide for the whole child, whatever the whole child nonsense really means.