Monday, January 19, 2009

Seeing the Future

The folks over at The Daily Reckoning can see tomorrow anyway. Here is their review of the inauguration:

Tomorrow, the man called Obama takes up the president’s job. Poor man. He seems like a decent sort. A shame...something like that happening to him.

But he hung around with the wrong crowd – lowbred types in high political circles – and look where it has gotten him. Tomorrow, he’ll be called upon to stand before a hundred million viewers, put his hand on a Bible, and lie.

To the question – will he swear to uphold the Constitution of the United States America – he will give the answer he has rehearsed. Yes, I can! Then, like almost every American president since John Quincy Adams, he will ignore it.

2 comments:

MrCooperWandling said...

Hi Jim. I just found your blog through Lew Rockwell, and wow, am I ever glad I did. You seem to really be thorough at what you have to say. I, although still a novice in the basics of Austrian Economics, and a whole heck of a lot of freedom literature, am learning more and more everyday. What I lack in knowledge, I make up for with spirit, strength, and my endurance knowing I shall never compromise the ideals this country fought so hard for in a true Revolutionary spirit.

Thank you Jim.

MrCooperWandling said...

Hi Jim. I just found your blog through Lew Rockwell, and wow, am I ever glad I did. You seem to really be thorough at what you have to say. I, although still a novice in the basics of Austrian Economics, and a whole heck of a lot of freedom literature, am learning more and more everyday. What I lack in knowledge, I make up for with spirit, strength, and my endurance knowing I shall never compromise the ideals this country fought so hard for in a true Revolutionary spirit.

Thank you Jim.