Thursday, May 22, 2008

Time to talk to my wife

The feds are saying that inflation is low but my wife keeps saying that things are getting more expensive every day. Who should I believe? Hmmm.

For those economists out there, inflation is the creation of new money and credit. We know that the FED is increasing the money supply, so we know that we are suffering inflation.

What most folks call inflation is a general rise in the price of consumer goods and services. This is the result of the ever-increasing supply of money; money used to fund the war and a sundry list of wasteful programs, especially the evil programs that transfer wealth -- the Marxian aspect of our current political environment.

Of course my wife is right. And, of course, the feds are wrong, deceitful and wrong. Prices are rising regardless of what the feds models,
hedonic adjustments, indexes, etc., say.

1 comment:

Steve Scott said...

Obviously, my wife called your wife and bribed her to say that.