Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Doctors Frankenstein Open Their Eyes

My latest post on the Blog at Mises.org:








The Doctors Frankenstein Open Their Eyes

Jim Fedako

A remorseful Dr. Frankenstein speaking to Captain Walton about the monster he (Frankenstein) created and unleashed, "You seek for unlimited power, as I once did; and I ardently hope that the gratification of your wishes may not be a serpent to sting you, as mine has been." (quote from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, paraphrased)

It's election eve and Hannity and the other Republican talking heads have finally awakened to the outstretched arms of monster they created - the imperial president qua emperor.

Ironically, it was not that many months ago that Hannity and others cheered the increased power being consolidated in the White House. Now that monster is about to turn on them.

Note: I also fear the beast, no matter which brain is used.

1 comment:

G.S. Wilhelm said...

Nice parallel between the literary monster and the all too real beast that has been developing at an accelerated pace in our present actuality.

I watched the second presidential debates, not a complete waste of time. It helped me to solidify my choice.

I almost laughed out loud during the debate. I agreed more with Obama's Foreign Policy than McCain’s. I also found myself agreeing more with McCain's Domestic Policy than Obama's. (not being happy with either) This is the exact opposite to the “supposed” strong suit areas that the media and pundits have proclaimed for each candidate.

Here is the thought that solidified my voting decision: If Obama wins he will take it as a mandate to act on his “supposed” strength in Domestic Policy. If McCain wins he will take it as a mandate to act on his “supposed” strength in Foreign Policy. A disaster either way, in my opinion!

The monster is out of the castle and cannot be trusted with any power whatsoever... As you say regardless of which side of the brian is in control!

G.S. Wilhelm