Thursday, December 04, 2008

We're all mentally ill ... when compared to the folks running the government-pharmaceutical complex

Karen DeCoster notes the nonsense reported in the Archive of General Psychiatry.


Study: 1 in 5 Has a Personality Disorder. Smokers Are Mentally Ill.
Posted by Karen DeCoster at December 3, 2008 07:47 PM


In the government's quest to command and control the minds of children (don't forget Bush's "Freedom Commission"), here's another study that hopes to set the stage for the mandatory drugging of the citizenry, along with garnering huge profits for Big Pharma. (Here's another article on the Huffington Post.)

Almost one in five young American adults has a personality disorder that interferes with everyday life, and even more abuse alcohol or drugs, researchers reported Monday in the most extensive study of its kind.

The disorders include problems such as obsessive or compulsive tendencies and antisocial behavior that can sometimes lead to violence. The study also found that fewer than 25% of college-aged Americans with mental problems get treatment.

FOX News does its part to spread the propaganda and lies.

Oh, and for you smokers out there, nicotine dependence is a "mental illness" according to the psychobabbler from Columbia on FOX News. Dr. Lunatic says if you or your friends or family exhibit any signs of the personality disorders he mentions, the person with the "disorder" should seek a doctor or psychiatrist to obtain counseling, psychotherapy, or medication.

Quite honestly, I think I have a "wine dependence disorder."







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an "Anti-Positivist Dependence Disorder."

: )

Anonymous said...

Can I get pills for all 12 of my disorders, and is that enough to qualify for government assistance so that I can get all my drugs for free? Also, I think the rest of my family needs drugs because they have developed their own disorders in an effort to deal with my disorders. Can the whole family get assistance under this new plan? Maybe the government will pay off our house for us and send us a monthly stipend of $4K to live off of in the same monthly envelope containing our drugs. Boy, this program is just in time for the holidays so I can shop till I drop (one of my disorders).

Anonymous said...

If smokers are mentally ill, can't we keep Obamessiah out of the White House? He admits to his addiction.