Kozol's whining rationale for his fast is here. It is interesting to read the comments to his post, many think Kozol is a living saint. I, on the other, think he is just another socialist with an affective disorder.
As such, Kozol misses the point. He decries the current state of education but supports continued government control and interventions. Doesn't that also make him mad, as in crazy?
To expect that the same action will lead to different results is a standard definition of insanity. Read his article and see the mind of the government utopian.
Here is my reply to Kozol:
How ironic! I recently ended a fast over NCLB -- the warm pancakes loaded with maple syrup did me in this time -- and have started anew. Hopefully I can outlast the grilled burgers this evening as my personal protest is oh so important. Later today, I will be distributing "Why I Fast: How self-indulgence can lead to media exposure," my manifesto of pride absent humility. Amazingly, Sen. Kennedy still has not called. Nor, my mother for that matter.
Jim
No comments:
Post a Comment