Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Jan Lanier runs for Olentangy School Board

How else do you explain her inane desire to "ensure that the dollars devoted to public education have the most positive effect on the students' ability to be life-long learners ..."

Life-long learners?!? Lanier has spent too much time with the likes of Hooie and Feasel. Life-long learners is simply the appeal that public school officials make when they want more money for nonsense programs.


Lanier's endorsements read like a who's who of evil:

Ohio Federation of Teachers' Committee
Ohio Education Association
The Ohio Civil Service Employees Association (OCSEA)
Ohio Nurses Association (ONA)
Ohio AFL/CIO
Ohio Association of Public School Employees
Sierra Club Political & Executive Committees
AFSCME
Progressive Majority
Planned Parenthood
Ohio Building & Construction Trades Council

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a tough decision voting for her or Gavel Boy. Despite being endorsed by Marxists, she's not one (though does lean noticeably left on certain issues).

But, what other way is there to flush away the odorous residue of Ward, Evans, Peterson (the disbarred troglodite) and their little boy protege Kris Jordan?

This Republican is holding his nose and pulling the lever for Lanier.

Anonymous said...

I'm holding my nose also and pulling that same lever. I had lunch with her, and she told me she used to be a republican. However, in Delaware County one has to be an "insider " to run on the republican ticket.Gavel Boy is the inside man and if she wanted to run, it would have to be on the dark side. Thus my vote. I wouldn't vote for Gavel Boy to dump garbage. Oh, I guess he already does that to us taxpayers! It's time to stop his reign.

Anonymous said...

Who's Jan Lanier?

Thanks,

Outsider Looking In

Jim Fedako said...

She's a Democrat running for state representative in Delaware COunty, Ohi.

Anonymous said...

I too (an independent) will be voting for Lanier. My wife knows her daughter and has very good things to say about Jan.

While I usually vote GOP at the local level I'm really fed up with the republicans in this county, our school board included. i'm willing to give Jan an opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Jim-
First off-- I have been a fan of yours and your view of the OSB but I must speak up about a couple of things:
1) As a registered nurse, I would advise against calling the Ohio Nurses Assoc. "evil". Unless you know what they do, you should not label. Afterall- nurses are needed to care for everyone including your large family. Jan works for the ONA so why wouldn't she receive their endorsement?
2) I know Jan Lanier and she is not some flunky who cow-tows to members of the OSB just to get an endorsement. As a person who has been going up against the OSB member mafia (minus Smith) and their blatant manipulation of the taxpayers money, she has heard from me what is really going on. Jan believes the OSB should be transparent to the community they represent. She believes in fiscal accountabilty and wise spending, not what is currently going on. As an ONA BOD member, I have witnessed her responsible management of the RN membership assoc. who employs her.
I realize, Jim, that you do not really care for any government involvement, but give the lady a break and interview her if you would like before making inferences (remember you don't like it when the Press leaves out details:) Thanks!
Tracy, RN