Monday, May 03, 2010

I'll defend you right to drink raw milk

A recent post of mine over on the Blog at Mises.org:









I'll defend you right to drink raw milk
Jim Fedako

But, please, don't drink it in front of me.

A friend of mine in the liberty movement drinks raw milk. That's not for me.

What really offends me is that adults -- such as my friend -- have to sneak around in order to buy something they believe is healthy.

In a guest commentary in my local paper, I wrote: "Raw milk is not the issue, it's a symptom. The issue is our desire to rule over our neighbors through the use of government. And that desire gets fed each time another intrusive law passes without protest."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great guest column. Sadly, 99% of the sheeple who read it likely either trailed off and went to the Dispatch to read the comics; scratched their heads afterward and mumbled, "What was that about!?", or pumped their fists in the air and reaffirmed fealty to Big Brother for banning such a socially unacceptable practice.

The Federalist Papers, Articles of Confederation, Bill of Rights, the Constitution...were an evolution of--ultimately--nothingness. They are as relevant today as the Dead Sea Scrolls. They're just artifacts from a bygone era to be stared at through glass cases in taxpayer-funded museums. Talk about a perverse outcome...

Anonymous said...

I grew up drinking raw milk and find no reason why it should be against the law to do so.

Power hungry politicians need to be voted out of office!