When I was growing up, I was told how America never crossed the line and committed evil acts. That's not to say that the odd occurence never happened, just that policy was based on rights and justice. Remember, you also heard it, the Nazis and Soviets tortured and held without trial while the Americans granted rights and justice to all.
Times certainly have changed, and I could never tell my children that our government does not advocate and engage in such acts; that would be a lie.
Was the story I heard as a young boy just a myth? Or, was it the right way stand out from an evil world? I believe it was the latter. But, how do I tell my children that the US is still special?
Time to reconsider who we are, and what legacy we want to leave for the next generations.
No comments:
Post a Comment