Sunday, May 01, 2011

Olentangy Levy: Feasel's Fictitious Financing

School board president Feasel claims the district "already cut $15.7 million" since 2008. Interesting. But from where?

Certainly not staffing, since staffing is increasing relative to students. So where were the cuts made? Hold that thought.

I just cut $1 trillion from my family budget. How, you ask? Well, I had assumed that we needed $1 trillion in additional expenses this year. Then I came to my senses and realized I didn't. But a cut is a cut. So I cut $1 trillion. You just gotta love Feasal financing.

The district has cut nothing.

Of, sure, they pared back their inflated five-year forecasts. But that is not cutting, just as my $1 trillion example is not cutting.

So take Feasal and her fictitious financing for what they are: nonsense.

Note: The folks over at OFK know better. But they have a levy to sell. And the truth is the first thing to go in campaign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The stats speak for themselves:

The district self aggrandizes on $21MM in "saves" between the years 2007 and 2014.
http://www.olentangy.k12.oh.us/district/finan...

Combined expenditures for FY 2007-2014 total $1.1B (yes, BILLION)
http://www.olentangy.k12.oh.us/pdf/finance/5Y...

$21MM in "savings" against $1.1B in expenses is 1.8%

The district is patting itself on the back for "saves" of less than 2 pennies on the dollar.

If you told your boss that you were only WILLING to cut 1.8% out of your budget you'd be fired. The opportunity for meaningful reductions is there, but the will to do it is not.